Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jan 09, 2021

After 3 1/2 hours of trying to get a hold of someone I finally got a woman who stayed on the line with me for almost 2 hours and did everything she could to figure out a resolution. Which she did. While I am happy with her help and the fact I was able to finally access my money, I will still NOT be doing any banking with gobank and will proceed to close my account..

Original review posted by user Jan 08, 2021

For the first economic impact payment I requested direct deposit to my go bank debit card. Which they bypassed, sending me a paper check instead.

I decided since they did this to rid of my gobank card as I was not using it for any other purpose. It has been a year since I used my go bank account. Of course this time around the IRS decided to go with direct deposit. (get my payment was offline when I tried to update this) When I called gobank and entered my credentials sure enough the money was there.

So I decided to order a replacement card (cost me $15). I have received the card, however, the only way to activate the new card is by logging into my gobank account. Which I no longer remember the password to and the only way to get a new password is entering the OLD card number which I no longer have. I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with the gobank customer service.

Been hung up on several times and never reach anyone who speaks English. The one time anyone was helpful was in directing me to the automatic operator to activate the card and OF COURSE that resulted in it saying my card information is "invalid". The customer service claims they cannot access anything in my account on their end and there are no supervisors to speak to. WHAT IS THE POINT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE THEN?

IF THEY CAN NOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT OR DO ANYTHING TO HELP ME, WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT OF THEIR EXISTENCE?!

Is there a way to give them 0 stars? That is how bad they are.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE GOBANK AT ANY COST. There are several other options and I urge you to go that route instead.

GoBank Pros: Absolutely no pros.

GoBank Cons: Customer service no english fraudulent unorganized joke.

Comments